If you are looking for an easy and healthy brown bag lunch idea, this salad is one of my favorites to prepare and pack with me to work. Many tuna salads call for spoonfuls of mayonnaise but this one uses simple ingredients including fresh dill, balsamic vinegar, and honey. The cannellini beans and tuna are both protein powerhouses working to keep you full and the tuna packs in those heart-healthy omega-3s. Served over a bed of greens, this easy salad makes for a filling and tasty meal!
- 1 five ounce can of chunk light tuna in water, drained well
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and honey. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine tuna, beans, bell peppers, and dill. Fold together until well combined.
- Drizzle dressing over the tuna mixture and toss gently to combine well. Serve over your favorite greens!
By Joanna Li, R.D. - Expert Dietician